Monday, November 19, 2007

self-reflection

1. Name and briefly discuss the most significant lesson you learned about acting from the 365 Project.
I learned that it makes a big difference when there's an audience, and it's good to feed off of that energy, but most of all to be really aware of your partner and stay connected with them in the performance to feed off of their energy.
2. Discuss how you can deepen this lesson with your final Acting I project.
I am going to really listen to what Anna is saying in our scene, as if it was real life.
3. Name your most effective acting moment in 365. How was it effective and what were you doing in terms of technique to make it effective?
Constant 2 was my most effective moment, because I was concentrating on my breathing, the amount of weight I was placing in my feet and where, stretching my neck, etc. I also tried to let emotion show through my body. Also, the location aided the scenery.
4. Discuss how you can deepen your technique in working on your final Acting I project.
I am going to try to heighten my state of presence and effectively manifest dramatic action, which Jon suggested that I should do.
5. What is the most apparent weakness, unanswered challenge or missed opportunity in your 365 performances? If you could go back into rehearsal, how might you address this element in order to make your performance more effective?
I was unconnected with Allison in 1st constant. I relied more on props and playfulness to make the scene than her presence. I would listen to what she was saying more carefully, as if it were real life.

No comments: